A leaking faucet isn’t that much of a problem but it will certainly drive you nuts. Why? Well, as the faucet continuously leaks, the higher your water consumption gets and the higher the charges on your water bill grows. You surely do not want to pay for water that you do not actually use, right? Aside from the inconvenience, you also do not want to contribute to wastage that’s detrimental to our environment. With that being said, it is only wise that you fix the problem ASAP. If you have a leaking washerless faucet at home, here’s what you have to do to stop the drip.
1. First things, first. Make sure that you’ll turn the water supply off before repairing the faucet. This will avoid flooding.
2. Next, prepare your tools. You just need a pair of pliers, a slot screwdriver and a Phillips screwdriver, too.
3. When you’re ready to start the repair, locate the decorative cap that’s usually situated in the faucet handle. Once you’ve removed it, you will uncover a screw. Loosen it with the use of your screwdriver.
4. After removing the screw, pull the faucet’s handle up to uncover the valve stem.
5. At the top of the valve stem, there should be a nut that holds the cartridge securely in place.
6. With the help of your pliers’ channel locks, loosen the nut counter by turning it clockwise. Set the nut aside. When you’re done, hold the valve cartridge with your pliers and pull it up. Replace it with a new cartridge that’s of the same size and type. Make sure that you apply plumber’s grease onto it before putting it in place.
7. Start re-assembling the valve. Turn the water supply. Turn the tap on and test if the leak is gone.
I hope that my blog today about washerless faucet leak repair in Washington DC is helpful enough for you. Also read about this article on how to fix a leaking ball-type faucet in case you have this type at home. And if you need expert plumbing help, just call Plumbers 911 Washington DC at 1-877-7-4LEAKS to schedule a service!
Learn awesome plumbing maintenance tips from Plumbers 911 Washington DC! Watch their video now!